PCI Webinar with Carrie Rogers-Whitehead
Safer Online: Strategies and Advice for Librarians
How do you help your patrons stay safe online? With cybersecurity issues, financial scams, trolling, bullying and more; there are many hazards for individuals online. This webinar from a digital safety and citizenship expert will share both digital and non-digital advice and strategies to keep patrons safe online both inside the library and beyond.
Participants will learn about:
• Online privacy
• Cybersecurity trends and safety
• Digital commerce and avoiding financial scams
• Popular online platforms where cyberbullying and digital sexual violence can occur
• The WHYS of cyberbullying
• Digital resources and strategies to keep patrons safe
• Non-digital resources and strategies to keep patrons safe
Carrie Rogers-Whitehead is a former librarian, current library consultant. She founded Digital Respons-Ability, a company that teaches online safety as part of their work in digital citizenship. Carrie regularly teaches educators, parents and students how to be safer and smarter online. She is the author of the forthcoming book by Rowman and Littlefield: Digital Citizenship in Schools: Teaching and Practice from the Field.