PCI Webinar with Ken McDonnell
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau: Partnering with Libraries to Financially Empower Patrons
Competency: Community Relations
Sub-Category: Develops and leverages collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of the library’s goals
Is your library looking for a partner to help your users with their finances? The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau wants to help make libraries the go-to source for unbiased financial education resources in every community.
The CFPB is working with libraries of all types to build a community financial education infrastructure to reach consumers in their neighborhoods, helping consumers fill critical financial knowledge gaps by providing and distributing easy-to-understand, behaviorally informed financial education.
Join us for this program to see if a CFPB partnership would be a good fit for your library and community!
In this interactive and informative webinar attendees will:
- Be provided with ideas for library programs on financial literacy
- Learn where to find resources and tools to help libraries connect with local CFPB partners
- Learn best practices from current partnerships in libraries
- Learn how to access materials that promote financial education
- Learn how to conduct trainings for library staff and patrons
Ken McDonnell ~ Biography
Ken McDonnell is a Financial Education Outreach Analyst at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau in Washington, D.C.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is a 21st century agency that helps consumer finance markets work by making rules more effective, by consistently and fairly enforcing those rules, and by empowering consumers to take more control over their economic lives.