PCI Webinar with Carrie Rogers-Whitehead
Self-Care: Protecting Yourself (and Others) from Burnout
Competency: Personal Interpersonal Skills
Sub-Topic: Manages the development of one’s own learning and ongoing improvement of skills and knowledge
Librarians are part information specialist, part child care provider and part social worker. Particularly in public libraries, work extends far beyond books. Along with the stresses of overworked staff, librarians can get compassion fatigue—burnout and indifference because of so many demands from those who are suffering.
By taking care of yourself, you take care of others. Help avoid burnout through knowledge and practical tips.
In this interactive and informative program, you will learn:
• How does my body respond to stress?
• What exactly is compassion fatigue and burnout?
• Why are librarians susceptible to burnout?
• How can I practice self-care and prevent burnout?
• How can I prevent burnout in my staff and with my colleagues?
• How does technology and library trends affect burnout?
Carrie Rogers-Whitehead ~ Biography
Carrie Rogers-Whitehead is an instructor of online privacy and a practitioner. As CEO of Digital Respons-Ability she helps educate students and other organizations on digital citizenship, which includes being safe and private online. In addition, Carrie is a corporate trainer, event planner, writer and library consultant who works hard to stay on top of tech trends for her audiences.