PCI Webinar with Carrie Rogers-Whitehead
How to Find, Secure and Navigate the World of Private Sponsorships
Competency: Financial Management
Sub-Category: Identifies and Pursues Multiple Funding Sources for the Library
Libraries are often strapped for funding, and rely on multiple sources of funding. There is funding out there beyond grants or government budgets—sponsorships are a way to not only bring in money, but brand your library.
Carrie Rogers-Whitehead has brought in over tens of thousands of dollars of sponsorships from major companies such as Google and Coca Cola to not only libraries, but in other capacities. She will share her expertise, her mistakes and other tips she learned along the way.
This webinar will address such questions as:
• Can my library even get private sponsors?
• Who needs to be involved in a sponsorship discussion?
• What are the types of sponsorships?
• What’s the difference between a sponsor and a partner?
• Where are places to find sponsors?
• What are sponsors looking for?
• How does sponsorship brand your event and library?
Carrie Rogers-Whitehead ~ Biography
Carrie Rogers-Whitehead is an instructor of online privacy and a practitioner. As CEO of Digital Respons-Ability she helps educate students and other organizations on digital citizenship, which includes being safe and private online. In addition Carrie is a corporate trainer, event planner, writer and library consultant who works hard to stay on top of tech trends for her audiences.