PCI Webinar with Kathy Pape
Planning Your Own Library In-Service Day
Competency: Staff Training and Development
Sub-Category: Provides opportunities and support for peer-to-peer learning and collaborative relationships
Having dedicated time to develop library staff and cultivate ideas is crucial for libraries regardless of size, time, or resources. Too often these valuable staff or in-service days are wasted on off-topics talks that fail to engage staff.
And even worse, what could be a “WOW Experience” for staff turns into an “is it over yet” experience.
If your library is looking for fresh ideas that will cost little or no money, will motivate library employees to enhance job related skills, and provide an opportunity to continue the conversation beyond in-service day, please plan on attending this webinar program!
- In this interactive and informative program, participants will learn:
- Several approaches to in-service days along with resources for each approach
- How to plan and execute an in-service day incorporating your individual library needs
- Techniques to connect and engage staff members
- Plans that can easily be adapted for use in single libraries to larger library systems
Kathy Pape ~ Biography
Kathy has worked for thirteen years in Ohio libraries and is currently the Executive Director of the Conneaut Public Library in Conneaut, Ohio. Kathy also works as a producer, writer, actor, and director for one of Ohio’s cable access channels that provides programming to households in Ohio and Western Pennsylvania. Kathy is also a member of the board of Trustees of the Northeast Ohio Regional Library System and was recently elected to the National board of the Association of Rural and Small Libraries.