PCI Webinar with Crystal Feyerchak
Where to Find Free and Legal Online Clip Art and Photos
Competency: Core Internet
Sub-competency: Understands, uses and helps others use the Internet; Demonstrates information literacy
With the recent removal of the Clip Art library from the Microsoft Office suite, users need to be able to locate and find appropriate images and videos for their projects. This interactive and informative webinar will explain Creative Commons licensing and help librarians find legally free work to use in their documents.
Learning objectives include:
- Critically evaluating different tiers of Creative Common Licensing and how to apply them
- Discovering free, legal websites to procure images and videos
- Employing search engines more effectively to find legally free images
- Recognizing the different image file types, how to download and save these files from the Internet
- Applying a few quick editing techniques to improve an image, using software you already own
This fast-paced webinar is designed for librarians with previous experience using the Microsoft Word or Publisher. You will create your own flyer by the end of the session, using images from one of the listed resources.
Crystal Feyerchak – Biography
Crystal is the Continuing Education Librarian at the Twinsburg Public Library. She develops, teaches, and manages the technology-training program at the library. In addition, she also coordinates the continuing education classes (in-person and virtual). She is currently the assistant manager in the Digital and Learning Services Department.