PCI Webinar with Michael Healey
Surviving an Emotionally Toxic Workplace
Thursday, November 1st from 2:00 – 3:00 pm EST
Competency: Personal/Interpersonal Competencies
Sub-Category: Maintains a calm, professional manner in difficult situations and applies effective communication techniques
Are you feeling Frustrated? Exhausted? – trying to deal with all the emotions that swirl around in your workplace. Feeling like you just don’t know what to do?
Sometimes it’s the same person you have to deal with day in and day out – you feel overwhelmed and just want to avoid them, but you can’t. Sometimes you’re blindsided – suddenly, out of the blue someone is angry at you or accusing you – everything was going fine – then BOOM – they became unhinged – often you don’t even know why – you’re thinking “where did that come from”?
You dread going into some meetings/situations knowing emotions will be flying around – emotional blackmail, martyrdom, persecuting.
Participants will learn:
- A 3-step process to de-escalate emotional situations
- The art of Emotional Aikido – how to protect yourself when confronted with strong emotions
- The 7 irrational thinking patterns that set the stage for destructive emotions
- A simple-to-use 5-step model for immediately letting go when things does terribly awry – you won’t have to carry those events around in your head
- What drives emotional reactions – the triune brain explained
- Why people react emotionally, even when it doesn’t seem rational, or in their best interests
Michael Healey – Biography
Michael believes that our workplaces and our workplace relationships can be fun, inspiring, energizing, satisfying AND be creative and productive. He works with businesses and organizations that understand the value of developing people as a foundation for continual improvement and enhancing organizational capacity. He’s been delivering engaging and impactful training programs since 1987.
Group (Multiple Log-ins for One Organization):