PCI Webinar with Jill Burket Ragase
Digital Storytimes: Digital Media and its role in Library Programming for Young Children
Thursday, October 26th from 2:00 – 3:00pm EST
Competency: Children’s Services
Sub-Category: Provides digital services and spaces appropriate to the developmental needs of children
75% of US households consume digital media. An overwhelming majority of toddlers and preschoolers are already using tablets and touch screens.
This interactive and informative webinar will provide an overview of digital media options that support and develop literacy and child development. We will also review current research and professional recommendations for the use of digital media both by and with children.
Attendees will learn:
• What digital storytime is and how we define the role of digital media in youth librarianship
• Current Research Summary/Overview
• Familiarity with The Technology and Interactive Media as Tools in Early Childhood Programs Serving Children from Birth through Age 8 policy statement
• AAP Screen Time Recommendations
• How to Support and Model Joint Media Engagement ie- be media mentors/guides
Jill Burket Ragase ~ Biography
Jill Burket Ragase has worked as a Children’s Librarian and Collection Development Librarian in several states as an MLS Librarian and now is an independent library consultant and children’s services expert. She has made professional presentations at various professional conferences on children’s programming.
Group (Multiple Log-ins for One Organization):