Geeky Programs at the Library
May 27 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm EDT$8.99
According to geekthelibrary.org., “to geek” is:
- To love, to enjoy, to celebrate, to have an intense passion for.
- To express interest in.
- To possess a large amount of knowledge in.
Geek and fandom culture is a growing part of our media landscape—and an amazing opportunity to engage your library patrons of all ages. This fast-paced webinar will share tips, tricks, resources and ideas to make your library “geekier” and fun.
Participants will learn about:
- Ideas for inexpensive geeky programs
- Fandom and geek trends
- Creating geek STEAM programs
- Large-scale geek programs
- Ideas for passive geek programs
- Anime clubs
- Ideas for geek programs for millennials and up
- How geek programs can engage your patrons
- Promoting your collection through geek programs
- Resources for finding geek program ideas
Carrie Rogers-Whitehead ~ Biography
Carrie Rogers-Whitehead is an information professional, instructor, writer, event planner and digital and STEM advocate. She has led and collaborated across sectors in government, academia, nonprofit and business. She is an accomplished speaker and trainer, appearing at dozens of conferences local and nationally and at TEDx. Carrie is the CEO of Digital Respons-Ability bringing innovative digital citizenship to parents, students and educators and the Co-creator of Wizarding Dayz, an event company based in Salt Lake City.